The clock is ticking. We are quickly approaching our first ever Community Giving Day: Texoma Gives. On September 15, 2016 our community will come together for 16 hours of giving to support non-profits in our area. We want to give you all the reasons P.E.T.S. should be on your list.
Texoma Gives has set a year one goal of $750k thanks in large part to some very awesome sponsors and prize money. Approximately 150 non-profits from the Texoma region are participating which means you will have many causes to choose from. Visit Texoma Gives to learn more about the participants and what to expect on Sept. 15th. We are confident our community will be infected by the giving bug and make Texoma Gives a roaring success.
So why P.E.T.S.? I was taught that actions speak louder than words and an opinion from someone else is always worth more than someone’s opinion about themselves. If you don’t already follow P.E.T.S. on FB, please start now. Our page represents our team and organization very accurately. More importantly, you can read what other people say about us, not what we say about ourselves. Our FB reviews are unsolicited and unedited. We also have many customer reviews on our Google Business page so please check it out and see for yourself what people say about us. Finally, our website can tell you all about us, our team, how we got started and the many ways we serve pets and pet owners in Wichita Falls and surrounding communities.
If you don’t feel like clicking on any of the links provided in the paragraph above and just want to take our word for it, here goes.
P.E.T.S. is awesome because…
1. We have cut the intake of unwanted pets in half from over 10k in 2006 to 4,977 in 2015.
2. We have lowered the euthanasia rate from 90% to 50% and won’t stop until we hit 10%.
3. Our PETS Pantry helps feed approximately 150 pets per month
4. Our Chain-Off Program builds and repairs fences for dogs living on chains every Saturday.
5. Our Hounds Habitat Program furnishes quality dog houses to large dogs without shelter free of charge.
6. Our clinic sees an average of 120 pets each clinic day for non-surgical services like vaccines and heart worm testing to keep pets healthy
7. Our transport program picks up in rural communities surrounding WF ensuring they have access to affordable spaying and neutering
8. PETS works very hard to maintain funding for surgery assistance meaning we have never turned away a client because of money. More than 70% of our surgeries are discounted or free and we sterilize an average of 40 pets per day 4 days a week.
9. We focus on improving the quality of life for pets with everything we do from free collars to vet assistance. We make future pet owners better, more knowledgeable and empowered.
10. We love what we do! Customer Service is our top priority. We pour our entire hearts into the care our pets receive and the experience their owner has.
11. We support all animal rescue organizations and shelters by providing them with our services at cost allowing more pets to be saved and their precious resources stretched further.
12. We will be celebrating our 40,000th surgery this month. This translates to the prevention of over 600,000 unwanted litters of cats and dogs. That’s a lot of lives saved
So why should you support P.E.T.S. on giving day? There is NO ONE like P.E.T.S. The best news is, you can support more than one cause on Texoma Gives. We just hope PETS is among them! Give back to the organizations that make a difference to the causes closest to your heart. By giving, you are changing the your community.
Give to PETS by clicking this link. You can even set up your donation now and it will process on giving day. Let your love flow Texoma!
July 18, 2018
June 06, 2018
June 06, 2018